Cold Front Anticipated to Bring Winds, Cooler Temps This Weekend
Published October 03, 2013 8:30am by
MIDLAND -- A strong cold front will blow into the area early Saturday morning, according to forecast models released by the National Weather Service.
Colder temperatures and blowing dust can be expected behind the front, NWS officials said threw their Midland regional office website.
Seminole residents, on Friday, are expected to see a 40-plus degree temperature swing because of the front, as high temperatures around 90-degrees will fall into the mid-to-low 40s with the passing of the north-to-south front.
Wind speeds with the passing front are expected to be 15-to-20 mph out of the west, before turning and coming out of the north at gusts as high as 25 mph.
Highs on Saturday are expected to be in the mid-60s, with northeast winds ranging between 15-to-20 mph, with wind gusts as high as 30 mph.
Areas of blowing dust are being anticipated with the front, which will give way to highs back into the 80s by Monday.
Local Weather Forecast
- TodaySunny, with a high near 93. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- TonightMostly clear, with a low around 60. South wind 10 to 15 mph.
- FridaySunny, with a high near 90. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday NightPatchy blowing dust after 4am. Mostly clear, with a low around 47. West wind 15 to 20 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- SaturdayPatchy blowing dust before 1pm. Sunny, with a high near 67. Northeast wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Saturday NightMostly clear, with a low around 40.
- SundaySunny, with a high near 72.
- Sunday NightMostly clear, with a low around 45.
- MondaySunny, with a high near 80.
- Monday NightMostly clear, with a low around 49.
- TuesdaySunny, with a high near 86.
- Tuesday NightMostly clear, with a low around 51.
- WednesdaySunny, with a high near 85.