Gaines County leaders approved the purchase of a 2015 model Mack dump truck for the Pct. 1 Road Maintenance Department, following action taken Monday morning in a regular Commissioners Court meeting.
In a unanimous 4-0 vote, Gaines County Commissioners approved of the purchase of a 2015 Mack dump truck, quoted at a price of $126,991, from Bruckner's Truck Sales of Hobbs, N.M.
The approved purchase was one of two bid submissions seen by Gaines Commissioners in Monday's meeting following a request for bids made earlier this month. The second bid, also from Bruckner's, was for a 2013 model Mack dump truck, which was quoted at being around $120,000.
Pct. 1 Commissioner Danny Yocom made the motion to purchase the 2015 model bid based upon bid specifications requested from the Feb. 10 regular Commissioners Court meeting, asking for bids on trucks with "a 2014 year model or newer."
In other action Monday morning, Gaines County Commissioners approved of the following agenda item requests:
• the use of $3,400 in records preservation funds for the purchase of supplies for the Gaines County Clerk's Office;
• a request of purchasing eight oak trees to replace eight expired trees for the Gaines County Veterans Memorial area, located in the southeastern corner of the Gaines County Park;
• a bid proposal of $9,795.73 for the installation of flooring at the Seagraves Community Building;
• the sale of a t-hanger between two private owners at the Gaines County Airport;
• the donation of an old county-owned stove to a non-profit organization;
• a road crossing request from Noble Energy under CR 109 for a water line;
• a road crossing request from DCP Midstream under CR 341 for a gas line, and;
• routine items pertaining to regular Gaines County business.